Now, I get it. You were born with eyes for fashion and can identify a fake Gucci from a mile away. Every time you leave your house, friends, family, and casual onlookers compliment your fabulous sense of style.
So why should you consider investing in education for your style consult business?
As Albert Einstein said, “Once you stop learning, you start dying.” Right now I’m enrolled in two classes: one about how to use Pinterest and another about refining established business workflows. Neither class is free, and both require dedicated study time, but my clients and business are worth the investment.
Whether you call yourself an image consultant, stylist or shopper, the most common challenges I hear from style professionals are:
- I want more clients that can afford my services.
- I want to broaden my client reach beyond my geographic location.
- I’m tired of people asking me to work for free.
- I want to work with more companies and fewer individuals.
- I’m not sure if I’m focusing on the right market.
- I’m unclear about how to use social media in my business.
- I don’t know if I’m meeting the right people.
- I need to find where “my people” hang out.
Regardless of how we slice and dice these challenges, they’re saying the same thing: I want to make more money!
I endured similar circumstances and understand your frustrations and have overcome them with my successful business. I want to share what I learned and help increase the number of successful style professionals all over the world. I believe every human being deserves to have a style coach in their life to advise them on how to show up and feel confident. The more successful style pros there are, the more people we can help.
My desire to simplify the business building process is why I created the online course Launch and Grow Your Style Consult Business. Enrollment is currently open and will close on Sunday, October 30 at 11:59 P.M. EST. The course includes ten modules and bonus content which are all meant to guide you to build your business on your terms.
Here’s a brief overview of each module:
- A smart style pro always starts with “why”! In a prior post, I discussed the importance of knowing your “why.” Using a few of my favorite books, Ted Talks, and reflection questions, I walk you through the process of identifying your “why.” The clarity will make it easier for you to identify which market to target and what types of consulting packages you should create.
- How to tap into the skills and experience that make you, well, you! I’ve seen many entrepreneurs minimize their work experiences and natural gifts. I did the same thing when I started, and it cost me in wasted time and effort chasing markets or individuals who couldn’t understand my worth or value. Through this module, I meet you where you are and help you decide how to use all your resources including work experiences and background to help you get noticed and stand out.
- An introduction to the fundamentals of fashion design, and how different designs speak different words! Even if you have an eye for fashion, you still need a fundamental understanding of the elements of fashion design. This knowledge will give you right words to provide objective feedback to your clients so you don’t hurt anyone’s feelings. If you’re not providing truthful (and at times tough) feedback or offering recommendations, then you’re not creating value. Without this understanding, you’ll make comments that sound like they’re coming from a magazine instead of an expert’s counsel.
- Discover how you style for different goals, personal styles and body types. Every expert needs a neutral framework to make observations, conduct consults and offer recommendations. You don’t want all your clients to dress like you or to look like each other. This module gives you a system to conduct consults and offer recommendations that are unique to each person.
- Flawless client experiences can be achieved with ZERO hiccups by following our savvy style pros guide. As your business grows, you need repeatable steps to run an effective and efficient business. Plus to ease your clients’ anxiety, you need an orderly process. This module gives you simple steps to customize to fit your business.
- Let’s talk clients, clients, clients. Who, what, when, why, where, HOW? Every client is unique. Each person has different needs, goals, finances, and lifestyles. For this module, I present four (4) types of clients, including their style challenges, financial considerations, and lifestyle preferences. My goal is to make it easier for you to recognize your ideal client and identify how to help them.
- Don’t undersell yourself. Don’t worry – we’ll clue you in. The #1 reason style professionals get frustrated and quit styling is because they’re not making enough money. The reason they’re not making enough money is that they’re not charging their worth. Once we’ve identified your target market, what they need from you, your past experiences, and the services you offer, it’s much easier to arrive at a service fee that makes you feel valuable instead of resentful.
- Want to be fab and fine? We’ll show you how to transform closet edits into a smart shopping experience. It’s all about being mindful of your clients’ lifestyle! This module gives you an objective framework to review your clients’ wardrobe. We’ll start by being mindful of their priorities, finances, and lifestyle. You’ll gain a clear process to assess their wardrobe so that your client gains the knowledge and action steps they need from you. As a result of this process, you’ll create tons of value. Your clients will be hesitant to make purchases without your permission.
- Experiences are like gifts. They need to be wrapped and presented stunningly. Transforming your consultation into a tangible product stems from crafting a vibrant and engaging client session! A common mistake I see style pros making is that they don’t create tangible deliverables from their consults. Since we sell a service, it’s harder for clients to “see” or “touch” the value of our work. This module will give you the structure to create deliverables that make it easier for your clients to “see” and “touch” your contributions.
- Launching your business and igniting an influx of loyal clients comes down to 16 proven strategies. Which are just around the corner! Since I want you to be successful, these 16 strategies are ways for you to distinguish yourself in your market while also creating memorable experiences for your clients. I’ve included strategies that make it easier for you to launch your business and grow your list of prospective clients while also staying top-of-mind with existing clients.
- BONUS! Because what is life without the element of surprise? We’ll help you to be prepared and organized for every client appointment. First impressions are everything. We’ll help you set the bar with a vast array of resources, from tools to purchase, to templates for note taking, worksheets for organization and beyond. It took me years to develop my templates, go-to questions for consults and worksheets. As my goal is to increase the number of successful style pros in the world, I’m giving you all my hard work to make your own.
All these modules are the foundation for building a thriving style consultancy. Whether your goal is to work with a specific audience like women over of forty or Millenials or to figure out how to create valuable client experiences so you can charge more money, then this course is for you.
You will gain tools to position yourself as an expert with easy to follow steps to conduct consults that make your clients look and feel confident. I look forward to having you in my class.